CAO Points Guide 2020
Welcome to the Independent.ie CAO points guide, which enables you to search for the first and second round points on all the courses available through the CAO.
Search by Category, College or Code
|2020 Round 2||2020 Round 1|
|Dublin Business School|
|DB573||Business in Marketing||117||117|
|DB510||Audio Production and Music Project Management||223||234|
|DB576||Film and Creative Media||0||0|
|DB514||Business Studies (Law)||252||252|
|DB502||Computing (Data Analytics and Big Data)||341||341|
|DB517||Marketing (Event Management)||238||238|
|DB521||Accounting and Finance||195||225|
|DB527||Applied Social Care||234||234|
|DB528||Applied Social Care||0||0|
|DB572||Business in Accounting||117||119|
|DB504||Computing (Web and Mobile Technology)||281||n.a.|
|DB574||Business in Information Technology||136||136|
|DB501||Computing (Cloud Computing)||227||227|
|DB515||Business Studies (Human Resource Management)||244||244|
|DB503||Computing (Software Development)||225||225|
|DB518||Marketing (Digital Media)||209||n.a.|
|Dublin City University|
|DC239||Gaeilge, Iriseoireacht agus na Meáin Dhigiteacha||430||430|
|DC110||Business Studies International||465||465|
|DC291||Arts (Joint Honours) - Media Studies||376||376|
|DC112||Global Business (France)||510||517|
|DC205||Physical Education with Biology||531||531|
|DC293||Arts (Joint Honours) - International Languages||377||377|
|DC114||Global Business (Spain)||522||522|
|DC166||Environmental Science and Technology||399||433|
|DC116||Global Business (USA)||579||579|
|DC175||Physics General Entry (options)||402||419|
|DC002||Education - Primary Teaching||488||488|
|DC118||Gnó agus Gaeilge / Business and Irish||359||359|
|DC217||Intellectual Disability Nursing||370||370|
|DC190||Electronic and Computer Engineering (with choice of four majors)||413||413|
|DC004||Education - Primary Teaching (Church of Ireland Centre formerly CICE)||409 #||941|
|DC230||Economics, Politics and Law||435||435|
|DC195||Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering||425||425|
|DC010||Post Primary Teacher Education - Religious Education and English||429||441|
|DC232||Law and Society (BCL)||466||466|
|DC200||Common Entry into Engineering (Undenominated Entry)||422||422|
* Not all on this score were offered a place;
Understanding the symbols
- The first column gives the Round 1 cut-off points in 2020.
- The second column gives the Round 2 cut-off points in 2020.
- The symbol * after a cut-off point means that not all applicants on this point were offered a place. Random selection was used for those tying on cut-off points.
- The symbol v after a cut-off point means: New competition for available places
- Medicine, where entry is based on a HPAT score combined with Leaving Certificate scores (adjusted above 550 points) is an exception. Applicants with the same combined score are ranked in order of their Leaving Certificate pre-adjusted points and random selection employed where applicants are tied on both combined score and pre-adjusted points.
- The symbol # - with a cut-off point - means that an additional selection mechanism such as a test/interview/portfolio/audition was used. Applicants who are successful in their tests are then ranked in order of their Leaving Cert points or a combination of points and test score.
- The symbol # - without any points - means that places were offered on the basis of performance in the test or portfolio, usually provided that the applicant met at least the minimum standard necessary in the Leaving Cert.
- #+matric is used for NCAD portfolio-type courses.
- Where AQA appears instead of points, it means that all qualified applicants to a course were offered a place.
- Candidates may count their LCVP Links Modules score as one of their best six subjects.
- Some colleges award points for foundation-level maths.
- Points are calculated by adding the scores of a candidate’s best six subjects together.
- All colleges award 25 bonus points for a minimum H6 in higher-level maths.