CAO Points Guide 2020
Welcome to the Independent.ie CAO points guide, which enables you to search for the first and second round points on all the courses available through the CAO.
Search by Category, College or Code
|2020 Round 2||2020 Round 1|
|TU907||Logistics and Supply Chain Management||300||300|
|TU644||Food Management and Entrepreneurship||223||223|
|TU719||Design, Technology and Innovation||228||228|
|TU812||Design,Technology and Innovation||270||270|
|TU992||Community and Youth Development||251||251|
|TU924||E-Commerce in Retailing||307||307|
|TU705||Electrical and Control Engineering||243||243|
|TU814||Transport Operations and Technology||251||285|
|TU909||Accounting and Finance||285||285|
|TU966||Languages and English Studies||366||366|
|TU994||Early Childhood Care and Education||251||321|
|TU758||Digital Forensics and Cyber Security||220||220|
|TU861||Computing with Language (French/German/Spanish)||308||308|
|TU935||Sports Management and Coaching||300||300|
|TU731||Auctioneering, Valuation and Estate Agency||290||290|
|TU832||Architecture (Suitability Test and Interview)||622 #||622|
|TU911||Accounting and Finance||192||209|
|TU653||Computing (Information Technology)||245||245|
|TU878||Physics with Energy and Environment||337||337|
|TU971||Contemporary Visual Culture||290||290|
|TU863||Digital Forensics and Cyber Security||280||280|
|TU709||Engineering (General Entry)||370||370|
|TU735||Sports Management and Coaching||270||270|
|TU913||Business and Information Technology||252||252|
|TU655||Computing (Networking Technologies) Learn and Work||335 #||410|
|TU792||Community and Youth Development||250||0|
|TU880||Physics with Data Science||578||578|
|TU973||Design - Visual Communication||717 #||717|
|TU762||Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences||364||364|
|TU865||Computing with IT Management||226||226|
|University College Cork|
|CK113||Criminology - 3 years or 4 years (International Pathway)||423||423|
* Not all on this score were offered a place;
Understanding the symbols
- The first column gives the Round 1 cut-off points in 2020.
- The second column gives the Round 2 cut-off points in 2020.
- The symbol * after a cut-off point means that not all applicants on this point were offered a place. Random selection was used for those tying on cut-off points.
- The symbol v after a cut-off point means: New competition for available places
- Medicine, where entry is based on a HPAT score combined with Leaving Certificate scores (adjusted above 550 points) is an exception. Applicants with the same combined score are ranked in order of their Leaving Certificate pre-adjusted points and random selection employed where applicants are tied on both combined score and pre-adjusted points.
- The symbol # - with a cut-off point - means that an additional selection mechanism such as a test/interview/portfolio/audition was used. Applicants who are successful in their tests are then ranked in order of their Leaving Cert points or a combination of points and test score.
- The symbol # - without any points - means that places were offered on the basis of performance in the test or portfolio, usually provided that the applicant met at least the minimum standard necessary in the Leaving Cert.
- #+matric is used for NCAD portfolio-type courses.
- Where AQA appears instead of points, it means that all qualified applicants to a course were offered a place.
- Candidates may count their LCVP Links Modules score as one of their best six subjects.
- Some colleges award points for foundation-level maths.
- Points are calculated by adding the scores of a candidate’s best six subjects together.
- All colleges award 25 bonus points for a minimum H6 in higher-level maths.